Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Maddie has been here


We certainly don't have one of those dainty little babes that likes to calmly sit and look out the window or hang out in mom's lap all day... no, Maddie is definitely cut from a different cloth. She is on the go from the second she wakes up(usually around 8) until the last few seconds before bed(about 10-11). Destruction definitely follows in her path... she has to tip over, empty out, drag, pull, throw, kick and carry absolutely everything in the house. After many months of pulling up on the coat "tree" and playing with the dangling scarfs... she finally pulled it over, she was thrilled(not so thrilled at the time when it clunked her in the head mind you - however that only lasted about 30 seconds). I decided to leave it on the ground for a day or two to see if it would loose it's allure and hopefully she might forget about it and it's gravitational pull to the ground. One day she wandered in there(the entryway) and I couldn't see her but I could hear that she was doing fine from the constant babbling(she's always quiet when she's getting into something she's not supposed to have)... then all the sudden there was silence, never a good sign. By the time I ran into the room all I could see were little buns crawling into the next room away from me as fast as possible with a scarf dragging on the floor behind. She had wrapped it around herself about 4 times... it was soooooo cute :) So, naturally... I had to get my camera, what a little stinker!!
The Victim
The offender

The escape

1 comment:

Ron S. said...

She reminds me of you...so innocent looking...yet so guilty of mishef!!!!