Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Broken hearted!!!!!!!!!!


My beloved camera(aka - right arm) is BROKEN!!! I am seriously in distress... I have need to take pictures that is on a parallel to the need to breath air. So what I am I to do? I assessed the situation... my flash is not working(it stopped working mid-maddie photo session) and I have pushed and reset every option I can possibly think of with no change :( So my darling hubby went online and googled flash problems associated with the Nikon D40 and came up with a plan of attack that required some "fixing" with screw drivers and what not... still no FLASH!! I think my only option is to send it in to the Nikon doctors and hopefully they can show it some love?! Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be wrong with it??? Anyone who has one that might know a trick to try?? I'm assuming the flash bulb must have hit the skids, but I have no idea... it's just a guess. I really-really don't want to send it off especially with Easter on the horizon... who knows how long it might take to fix :( At least thankfully it has been sunny the past couple of days so I could take some outdoor pics!! HELP... Sleepless in Murray

6 comments:

Ron S. said...

I found this on a BB...

OK - blatently obvious question... you haven't got the setting ring on flash over-ride have you? (Lightening bolt in a circle with a line through it)

Ron S. said...

bb sez......are you using good quality batts and are they new??

Ron S. said...

bb.....Try it with a external flash like a SB600 if it works you could then buy a SB600 about £110 new, instead of getting it repaired.

Ron S. said...

aha....watch this video

http://www.vimeo.com/3141400

Ron S. said...

best one yet....

Tony Evans , Mar 13, 2008; 03:24 p.m.

I'v just this minute fixed mine.

Just remove the 2 screws from the front of the popup flash The rear plastic cover will the clip off.

Inside you will find a small switch on the right side of the flash unit when it pops up the switch should make, if it doesn't try shorting it with a small insulated item the try the camera in low light and see if if flashes.

To fix you need to remove the spring-screw from the other side then gently prise the bracket off, then just pull out the small white sleeve on the right hand side of the popup near the switch, this sleeve moves in slightly and will not make the switch on the popup flash.

Gently put the flash bracket onto the camera, be very gentle as the wires are very thin. You will see the white plastic bearing has 2 small clips which need to be through the hole on the bracket the pin which activates the switch will then be in the correct position.

Emily said...

yeah... Kevin did that last one. We thought for sure that's what was wrong with it, alas... Not the problem. But I will for sure check out the other things... Thanks so much for your research!!! :)