Thursday, October 7, 2010

maddie gets kicked...

We had a sad day at mother's day out today :(
Right before I came to pick Maddie up a little boy was excited to see his momma walk through the door and started a kicking happy dance. Unfortunately, Maddie was not in on the happy dance moves and was kicked in the head right above her right eye. Needless to say, by the time I got there she was hysterical(which is not like her) and the momma bear came out in me a little. Even though I know it was no ones fault. Maddie instantly started crying and muttering... "kick, Hank, boo boo, sad, I sorry". I informed her when we got home that she didn't need to be sorry and that momma would spank Hank, lol... then I realized what I was saying to her. I then changed my tune to forgiveness and all that good stuff... I'm not ready for this phase of motherhood. The picture doesn't do her "kick" justice, but you get the idea... the next day it was bruised. My poor little girl.

No comments: